Friends invited me over for dinner recently. They made a delicious coconut curry, with fresh lemon wedges and lots of veggies. It was so good I decided to make my own the very next night!
To make this curry you will need (serves 4):
- 2 carrots
- 1 small red capsicum
- 100g green beans
- 3 medium mushrooms
- 1 lemon
- 4 eggs
- 3T massaman curry paste (or laksa paste, or red curry paste)
- 1 tin coconut cream
- Mixed nuts and brown rice to serve
- Chopping board and knife
- Small saucepan
- Chop all the veggies and cook for 10 minutes in the wok with ½ cup water
- Cut the lemon into wedges and add to the veggies
- Add the curry paste and stir to coat the veggies
- Add the coconut cream and simmer for 10-15 minutes
- Put the eggs in the saucepan, cover with water, bring to the boil and boil for eight minutes. Remove from the hot water, run cool water over eggs, peel and cut in half.
Serve: place brown rice in a bowl, top with curry, 2 egg halves and a sprinkle of roast nuts.