Pizza Week brings you the traditional and delicious Margarita. This one was cooked on a recent trip to the NSW South Coast and baked in Ro’s newly built pizza oven.
We made our own sourdough and traditional pizza bases. See Sourdough Pizza Base to find out more about making pizza bases.
The margarita is one of my favourite types of pizza, it is so simple and fresh.
I use tomato paste, pesto* and garlic on the base, add a thin layer of cheese, and then add sliced tomatoes, torn basil and another thin layer of cheese. I finish it off with a drizzle of olive oil.
I got a bit eager before I remembered to make a photo of the finished pizza!
Ingredients: Pizza base (homemade are best), tomato paste, pesto (again, homemade is best), finely chopped garlic, shredded mozzarella, tomato, fresh basil and olive oil
Equipment: Chopping board, knife, oven tray, oven
- Cover your pizza base with tomato paste, pesto and finely chopped garlic
- Add a thin layer of cheese on top of the sauce
- Layer thinly sliced tomatoes
- Top with fresh basil and cheese
- Drizzle olive oil over the pizza